Lady Zamar's Rape Case Against Sjava Thrown Out

The NPA has no sufficient evidence to prosecute Sjava

By  | Nov 17, 2020, 03:38 PM  | Sjava   | Drama

Lady Zamar opened a rape case against ex-boyfriend Sjava in 2019 after accusing him of raping her at a hotel in Thohoyondou, Limpopo. According to Zamar the rape incident allegedly happened in 2017 after a concert they had both attended, but it seems like she has no case.

Read more: Sjava Issues Statement Regarding Ongoing Rape Case

The National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) spokesperson Mashudu Malabi-Dzhangi told Sowetan Live that there was no concrete evidence to arrest Sjava and charge him of rape. “The state declined to prosecute the case because it believed the facts or evidence do not support a successful prosecution.”

Limpopo police spokesperson Col Moatshe Ngoepe revealed that the case was withdrawn on November 5.

“Last year the case docket was handed over to the senior public prosecutor for a decision. On November 5, the case docket was withdrawn by the director of public prosecutions at court,” he told the publication.

Sjava addressed these rape allegations on Instagram as his official statement. He denied raping Lady Zamar and apologised for hurting her. Sjava reiterated countless times that the rape accusations are false. With these allegations hovering over him, he could not work anywhere, and was pulled form gigs. 

Lady Zamar had also addressed these allegations saying that she had a breast reduction surgery done in July 2017. Her doctor advised her that she was not allowed to have sex for about six weeks after it was done.

Read the full story here.

Picture credit: Instagram 
Read more